YMMV: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S3 E3 "Too Many Pinkie Pies"
- Fanfic Fuel:
- As mentioned below, stories about multiple Pinkies already exist but the Mirror Pool now gives fans a canon method of creating clones.
- The mystery surrounding its existence and the accompanying book that was sealed away at the library.
- The idea of the remaining Pinkie being a clone or one of the clones getting missed in the roundup.
- Fridge Horror: All over the place. Twilight eliminated a few Pinkie clones just for sneezing or scratching her nose. Imagine what would have happened if the real Pinkie didn't have the intense focus she demonstrated here...
- This has gotten discussed so often that the fans have stopped feeling any horror over it, and any question of "Hey, what if..." related to this episode will usually get a response along the lines of "Who cares?!?"
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- This isn't the first time the concept of multiple Pinkies was explored.
- Now this fan game makes more sense.
- And this one. "Pinkie's gone and broke [sic] the fourth wall again! She's multiplied herself to unimaginable numbers, and now Twilight Sparkle is the only one who can stop the rampaging horde of Party Ponies. Don't feel bad about putting them down though: They are only semi-intelligent copies of the real Pinkie Pie, who is nowhere to be found."
- Also, fans had originally guessed that the Mane Six would clone themselves in order to better help with the wedding preparations in A Canterlot Wedding based on the clone filled trailer. This was before we learned anything about the Changelings.
- The final test given to the Pinkies is quite funny to those familiar with the fanfic Pinkie Watches Paint Dry.
- One of the clones sprouting fingers is quite funny to those who've read Anthropology.
- Idiot Plot: As the duplicates lacked Pinkie's memories, quizzing them on their history would have revealed them immediately.
- Most Annoying Sound: FUN!
Applejack: Oh, give it a rest.
- Shipping Goggles:
- A good chunk of the fandom seems to have decided that since Fancy Pants was in Ponyville, this obviously means he was doing something with Rarity that cannot be shown on children's television. Supporting this, Rarity was dressed to the nines for no clear reason, and it seems odd that a Canterlot noble seems to be just hanging out in Ponyville....
- The way Noteworthy and Golden Harvest were smiling and waving at each other from their windows at one point could also be seen as something of a background pony Ship Tease.
- Take That, Scrappy!: One of the Pinkie Pie clones turns her face into a G3 pony's face only to get zapped and killed by Twilight Sparkle. This is even more noticeable in an ad for Season 3 in which Rarity and Fluttershy react to the face with disgust.
- Ugly Cute: The Baleful Polymorph half-orange hybrids.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Word of God states that the Pinkie Pie clones were merely magical imitations, and were surprised that some viewed their fate as being "killed" for not having the time or chance to develop the same depth as the original Pinkie Pie.
- What an Idiot: Pinkie's friends can't seem to figure out who the real Pinkie is, despite her having much more of a dynamic with them. and it's firmly held by Twilight, who couldn't tell the mopey Outof Character Pinkie Pie as the REAL one given the circumstances.
Visit the main article HERE