- Accidental Aesop: Sleep deprivation makes you a silly pony
- Accidental Innuendo: "Are you saying my mouth is making promises my legs can't keep?"
- Fridge Horror: If the Stealth Pun about steering clear was meant as one in-universe, it means castrated cattle exist.
- Jerkass Woobie: Applejack's stubbornness and arrogance lead her to work herself into a disoriented wreck, causing a lot of collateral damage in the process. By the end of the episode, her strain and symptoms become unsettlingly realistic (if still humorous) and you end up feeling for her when she reaches the point where she doesn't just cave in to Twilight's offer but outright begs for it.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Never Live It Down: Big Macintosh is often drawn in fanart with a straw in his mouth, despite never doing it after this episode. It probably helps that he's unusually chatty here.
- Squick: Spike finds the "baked bads" delicious. He even picks them from the trash.
- What an Idiot: Pinkie Pie should have known better than to cook the "baked bads" using the wrong ingredients (especially earthworms instead of wheat germ) considering she is a professional baker!
- Woobie: Subtle and (most probably) unintentional, but right at the end of the episode Applejack says to the other main cast: "But the real award is having you five as my friends." Right at that moment Spike walks into the frame, and you would expect Applejack to acknowledge him too... but she says nothing.
Visit the actual tropes HERE