YMMV: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S1 E19 "A Dog and Pony Show"
- Ass Pull: While it had been established as early as "Boast Busters" that Twilight Sparkle could perform many different spells whereas most unicorns can generally only do one, her ability to use Rarity's gem-finding spell had never been brought up or mentioned until Spike brings it up out of nowhere.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Sapphire Shores was somewhat popular within' the fandom at the time though not as popular as Photo Finish or Hoity Toity.
- The Diamond Dogs were this at times.
- Fridge Brilliance: Dogs have much better hearing, so of course they found Rarity's whining more annoying.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In "Secret of My Excess", Rarity revealed that she had been aware of Spike's crush for a long time. As early as this episode, we can see her exploiting this by flirting with him to get him to dig up jewels for her.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Rarity asserts that "A lady is never jealous". The very next episode involves her being jealous of Fluttershy.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Those who weren't fond of Rarity finally came to like her as a character in this episode.
- Wangst: Rarity is at her wangst-y best. She practically weaponizes whining to ultimately reverse the situation on the Diamond Dogs.
Visit the actual tropes HERE