YMMV / My Hostage Not Yours
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "Gir, stop trying to eat your bow-tie."
- Epileptic Trees: When the author announced that Tak would be returning in Takeover, the reviewers came up with dozens of theories as to how. None of them were right.
- Evil Is Sexy: The description of the Valkian Queen makes her sound pretty good looking by human standards.
- Gaz has apparently bloomed pretty well, too. True, she can't really qualify as "evil" until Takeover, but she sure as hell wasn't "good" beforehand.
- Interestingly, she doesn't flaunt her looks — if anything, she hates how good-looking she is, as she'd rather be feared than admired.
- I Knew It: One of the reviewers correctly predicted that Dib would get the second Pill, and had this reaction when it happened.
- And one viewer correctly guessed Iggins was the mystery Big Bad of Revenge.
- Moral Event Horizon: The aforementioned brainwashing for Iggins. And then, he makes Gaz fight and nearly kill Zim, the person she loves most.