YMMV: My Dinner With Andre
- Hilarious in Hindsight: At one point, Wallace complains that Andre's attitude is just inconceivable to him.
- Love It or Hate It: This film is either really interesting or really boring.
- Shout-Out: To The Little Prince, Although Andre really rags on it, even comparing it to Nazism. He winds up discussing many of the same themes explored in the book as the night goes on, however, including feelings of isolation, questions about love, connections between people, and exploration vs. isolation/introspection.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: Played with; the two discuss some fairly high-falutin' subjects, but the movie itself is fairly easy to understand and follow; it's just two guys sitting in a restaurant talking.
- If anything, Wally believes True Art Is Comprehensible.