YMMV: Music and Lyrics
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Alex Only in It for the Money or has he just become jaded after being chewed up and spit out by the industry?
- Crowning Music of Awesome: When it isn't Stylistic Suck.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Love Autopsy!
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Don't Write Me Off
You can have all the awards in the world, but none of them will make you feel as good as fast as "I've got sunshine, on a cloudy da-ay..."
- Alex explaining why pop music is so powerful to Sophie:
- Ear Worm: Seeing as this is a movie about pop music, this was bound to happen.
- Face of the Band: Alex is an illustration of what happens to the person on the other side of this trope.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Watching the movie now, knowing about Lady Gaga, most of Cora's scenes become this.
- Sophie telling Cora that the new intro to A Way Back Into Love is "a complete contradiction" to the vulnerable song because it's so sexual. Compare this to the Wrecking Ball video, which has nudity and hammer licking set to a breakup song.
- Strawman Has a Point: Unfortunately, Alex is completely right when he tells Sophie point blank that the music business doesn't care how good you are so long as you sell units and fill seats.