Tropers Online: 3,244
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Muppets Tonight
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pepe the Prawn, who appeared in over half the episodes and has wound up playing a major role in most major Muppet works released afterward.
- No Yay: Johnny Fiama assures the audience this as he watches Bunsen try various outfits.
Johnny: (singing) Pretty Bunsen, not that I'm into that, Pretty Bunsen.
- Replacement Scrappy: Clifford certainly got this attitude from some fans who would've preferred Kermit be the host.
- The Scrappy: Andy and Randy. Fans were just as irritated by them as the other characters.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit: Though not so much a case of "We're still relevant to the times, dammit!" as much a case of "We're still relevant without Jim Henson, dammit!". YMMV on how well the series answered that question.