- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pepe the Prawn, who appeared in over half the episodes and has wound up playing a major role in most major Muppet works released afterward.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Despite a very divided stance on whether or not the show was any good, the episodes hosted by Garth Brooks and Prince (back when he was The Artist Formerly Known as Prince) are considered the only episodes that were actually very good (the Prince episode is becoming Vindicated by History due to his death, if YouTube comments are anything to go by).
- Harsher in Hindsight: Or Hilarious in Hindsight depending on how you look at it. Everyone being upset over Garth Brooks trying to break away from country music mirrors people's reaction when he released a rock album under the persona, Chris Gaines.
- No Yay: Johnny Fiama assures the audience this as he watches Bunsen try various outfits.
Johnny: (singing) Pretty Bunsen, not that I'm into that, Pretty Bunsen.
- Replacement Scrappy: Clifford certainly got this attitude from some fans who would've preferred Kermit be the host.
- The Scrappy: Andy and Randy. Fans were just as irritated by them as the other characters.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A major criticism of the series was that it largely sidelined the classic cast for new characters, most of whom were rarely, if ever, seen again after the show ended.
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit: Though not so much a case of "We're still relevant to the times, dammit!" as much a case of "We're still relevant without Jim Henson, dammit!". YMMV on how well the series answered that question.