- Alternate Character Interpretation: This game is all over this trope. Take it from me- Even I'm not sure ARE is evil, and Mortasheen is good. It seems less clear cut than that.
- Fridge Brilliance: the names of the Celestial engines not only refer to the planets, but also to the Roman gods:
- MRS is Mars, god of war. His Avatar is the general of Wreathe's army.
- PLTO is Pluto, god of the Underworld. PLTO is located underground.
- That One Boss: One of my stated goals is to make some of the big fights this. Have fun with frustration! The Destroyers in general- and Mothneaser in particular- are this.
- Unfortunate Implications: Mumblegog's name was change in order to avoid these.
- The Woobie: Several Garbage-type monsters were specifically designed to inspire pity. For example, Skizix would rather starve to death than get hurt, and Skwunk is so ashamed of it's own appearance, it "never ceases its mournful whimpering, and sobs in apparent shame if it's face can be seen," and bursts into tears at the sight of a mirror.
- The poor Jitter is drug addled and mentally unstable thanks to its biology and is deathly afraid of many things. Also, it runs the risk of choking on its own heart.