The movie contains examples of:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: At one point the movie basically stops, and we have a scene with baby bears moving giant mushrooms around. It doesn't advance the plot in any way, it doesn't make any sense, but damned if it's not adorable.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome "Bring on my fiancee. And my dowry! A really big dowry and MAKE IT QUICK!"
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny at the same time, especially when Father Frost starts calling out for help.
- Designated Hero: Ivan. The 'too full of himself' element is really played up. and almost comes across as a Gary Stu until he learns his lesson... And then he brags about how humble and noble he is now!
- Hollywood Homely: The actress playing Marfushka isn't actually ugly, but she spends the vast majority of the film pouting, whining, making faces and being a Spoiled Brat, which all add up to a pretty unattractive effect.
- Moe: Nastenka
- Narm / Narm Charm: Most of the film, but in the English dubs, some man does "Hunchback Fairy"'s voice, ending up sounding like Eric Idle's drag voice in Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- So Bad, It's Good: Quite a few MST3K fans agree that this is one of the few movies the show featured that's entertaining with and without the SOL crew's riffing.
- Special Effect Failure: Ivan's bear makeup.
- Any reason for the cartoon sound effects, such as the clanging pot whenever Baba Yaga hits herself in the head?
- Widget Series: Weird Russian Film. Or Weird American Audience, for Russians and Czechs.