YMMV: Morecambe and Wise
- Acceptable Political Targets: People in the 1974-79 Labour government were often mocked for the economic troubles at the time, as were the major trade union leaders. Margaret Thatcher was sometimes included as well, though at the peak of Eric and Ernie's fame she was still only Leader of the Opposition. Harold Wilson generally got a free pass, as writer Eddie Braben had canvassed for him as a teenager in the 1940s.
- Ear Worm: "Bring me sunshine in your smile..."
- Growing the Beard: Generally considered to be when Eddie Braben began writing for them.
- Signature Song: "Bring Me Sunshine". Other songs they often performed as outros include "Two Of A Kind", "Positive Thinking" and "Following You Around".
- Special Effects Failure: The initial joke in the "Singing in the Rain" sketch is that Ernie is perfectly replicating the scene from the film...but there's no rain, much to Eric's confusion in the background. Naturally, Eric manages to get soaking wet by completely unrelated means throughout the sketch.