Tropers Online: 2,603
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Good Adultery, Bad Adultery: Loretta falling in love with Ronny, in spite of her engagement to Johnny, is portrayed as a love story.note To be fair, 1) Loretta's not married, and 2) Loretta isn't exactly pleased with the situation. Cosmo cheating on his wife Rose with Mona… not so much.
- Hilarious in Hindsight/Reality Subtext: Ronny, Cher's on-screen beau, and Rob Camiletti, Cher's real-life beau at the time the movie was shot, were both bakers.
- Memetic Mutation: "Snap out of it!"
- One-Scene Wonder: Gina DeAngeles steals the one scene she's in at the airport with Loretta.
- They Really Can Act: Cher and even Nic Cage to a certain extent. While Cher is more obvious with her Oscar, Cage up to that point had been known for very odd and off kilter roles until this film (where he still plays such a character) which showed his range and got him a Golden Globe nomination.