YMMV: Monster House
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy
- Jerkass Woobie: Constance.
- Hype Backlash: It received some during the 2006 Academy Award season when it was nominated for "Best Animated Feature," both because most felt it wasn't good enough for such a title and animation purists arguing that motion capture was not animation. To be fair, that was a terrible year for animated features.note
- Retroactive Recognition: Look at the credits if it's The New Tens and after - Maggie Gyllenhaal, Steve Buscemi, Kevin James, Nick Cannon, Jason Lee, Jon Heder, Catherine O'Hara, Fred Willard, even Kathleen Turner as Constance. It's almost an All-Star Cast!
- Uncanny Valley: Averted. The creators of the film learned their lesson from that other movienote and intentionally stylized the character designs to avoid this. With the exception of a couple of moments where things seem to move a bit too fluidly, one could easily mistake this for any other animated film.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?