- Ensemble Darkhorse: Nanaya's role in the early part of the original manga was fairly brief, but especially after the anime he seems to have grown considerably in popularity. Kairi Sorano herself is particularly fond of him, even casting him in her role for the "Sorano Group Workplace" crack segment. His Darkhorse status may have had something to do with his sudden reappearance much later in the manga, though it's hard to say for sure.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Shirogane and Akira.
- Fetish Fuel: Seriously, tell me that Kou literally sucking the darkness out of Kengo by biting him vampire-style wasn't at least partially pandering to exactly this.
- Ho Yay: Has its own page.
- The Scrappy: Fans of the original manga series especially seem to have a strong dislike for Haruka.
- Tear Jerker: Every heart-crushing second of Chapter 56, culminating in Kengo being killed by Homurabi.
"Akira... am I... dying?"
- The Woobie: Though Kengo starts out as more or less just the Butt-Monkey early on in the series, in recent chapters he's started edging into this territory too.