- Awesome Music:
- Amazingly, every episode of the series so far has had a song sung by a different member of the gang. But the best one by far is Nelson's song "Breaking Up Is Such A Faff" in Episode 6.
- Not quite every episode. In episode 5, Nelson tries to sing to Destiny about his love for her, but she ends up being dragged away by Gary shortly after the song begins. However, to make up for this, he sings lead on two songs across the whole series instead of one like everyone else.
- Crossing the Line Twice: Like many UK sitcoms Mongrels is dedicated to offending as many people as possible solely in the name of a good hearty laugh.
- Dude, Not Funny!:
Marion: Yes, it's nothing to do with religion.Random person: Just to clarify, it's nothing to do with religion.All: Aside Glance
- Things like 9/11 and Vince eating his children.
- The creators seem to realise these Unfortunate Implications with some dialogue in episode 8.
- Ear Worm:
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Vince.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Nelson dates a chicken in the first episode, which is treated like an interracial relationship... but then the chicken turns out to be evil.
- Ho Yay:
- Les Yay: Episode 3 involves Kali and a lesbian crow.
- Memetic Mutation:
- "Oi!" - a minor one but nevertheless.
- Not that minor for those of us who attended Eurofurence 16 and had to suffer from this all through the convention...
- Periphery Demographic: For understandable reasons, the show is quite popular among UK's Furry Fandom.
- Tear Jerker: Kali's breakdown can be seen as this... that is until she blinds a kid.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Timeslot and general tone of humour not withstanding of course.