- Crosses the Line Twice: Everything and anything Mr. Wonderful, the homicidal, psychopathic, cannibalistic, sadistic, masochistic elf does.
- Fridge Brilliance: The Epilogue. Jim and everyone else are deleted, but keep being placed into situations that don't feel right. Deleted data isn't actually destroyed forever; if you know what you're doing, you can get it back.
- Spiritual Licensee: In a rather broad sense, it's a pretty good novelization of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
- Squick: Any scene involving Jim getting repaired by Meryl. Not even the fact that he only interprets the pain rather than feeling it helps much.
Mr. Wonderful froze, smiling thinly. Then in two sudden movements he slapped his hand on the desktop and cleanly severed it at the wrist.
- Also, later in the same scene, he dies, respawns at the next chapel and comes back to eat his old body.
- The Woobie: Jim. All he really wants is to die in peace, but once it's granted to him, it's too late to give him any peace at all.