- Crowning Music of Awesome: While all of the movie's soundtrack is creepy, chilling, and exceptionally good at raising tension, the best part of all has to be the effectively ominous, disturbing arrangement of the main theme itself, Isaac Albeniz's "Asturias". Even those who dislike the movie agree the music is incredible.
- HSQ: While Angela's death is most certainly this, an earlier one comes when Ben first finds the handprint on the inside of the mirror...and then after panning the flashlight up, finds hundreds of them all over the glass.
- Just Here for Godzilla: The Jaw Ripper scene.
Ben: Don't make me threaten you!
- Paranoia Fuel: Just try looking into the mirror sometime after seeing this movie. We'll wait.
- Squick: Angela Carson's death. She is killed by her reflection as it grips its jaw and slowly pulls its mouth apart, causing her to bleed profusely.
- And Gary Lewis'. The mirror kills him by slashing its throat, causing him to die. Made so much worse by the fact that we don't get a murderer's hand to obstruct our view, like we would if it was another person doing it.
- What an Idiot: Ben and Amy missing the doorknob when they covered all the mirrors and other reflective surfaces—thus allowing the demon to control Michael and make him remove the paint on the mirrors and turn the water on throughout the house, causing the near-death of his mother and his father to get trapped in a Mirror Dimension forever.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Both Ben and the Department Store are burnt out husks of what they used to be and display a dual nature that rapidly shifts between light and dark. Also, Ben's attempts to free the spirits trapped in the mirrors parallels his greatest failure since they give him the chance to make up for the shooting victim he couldn't save. And after freeing the spirits who otherwise would have been trapped forever he is trapped forever himself.