Tropers Online: 5,337
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Critical Backlash/Critical Dissonance: Most critics hate Mika. That didn't stop him from getting a global fanbase, though.
- Ear Worm: Hoo, boy.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The French love him, to the point where he recorded a french song called "Elle me dit." It was a huge smash hit.
- He's also Big in Japan. "Blame It On the Girls" made him one of only four artists to top the Japan Hot 100.
- Periphery Demographic: His fans range from small children to the elderly. It's a good thing his bubblegum pop masks some of the darker lyrics.
- Memetic Mutation: "Relax, take it eaaaaaaaaasy~."
- Nightmare Fuel: The video for "Happy Ending".