- Critical Backlash/Critical Dissonance: Most critics hate Mika. That didn't stop him from getting a global fanbase, though.
- Ear Worm: Hoo, boy.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The French love him, to the point where he recorded a french song called "Elle me dit." It was a huge smash hit.
- He's also Big in Japan. "Blame It On the Girls" made him one of only four artists to top the Japan Hot 100. This can even apply to the song itself, since it's rather obscure everywhere else.
- Periphery Demographic: His fans range from small children to the elderly. It's a good thing his bubblegum pop masks some of the darker lyrics.
- Memetic Mutation: "Relax, take it eaaaaaaaaasy~."
- Nightmare Fuel: The video for "Happy Ending".