YMMV tropes regarding the book draft Midnight Sun.
- Author's Saving Throw: We get Jessica and Mike's inner thoughts, proving that Jessica really is a self-serving False Friend and that Mike is indeed kinda evil, as were their Informed Flaws throughout the series. These thoughts really unconvincingly fly in the face of their actual behavior. On the flipside, Edward finally admits he's a stalker, which Meyer had always tried to deny.
- Designated Hero: Edward Cullen, of course. Would be subverted in that there is little attempt made to conceal his arrogance, his disdain for humans, and his disturbingly obsessive behavior with Bella, if it were portrayed at any point as being a bad thing. Even so, it's implied that most vampires are much worse.
- Fridge Logic: All of the Cullens apparently get straight A's in all their classes. No surprise that they can, given how often they've repeated their educations, but exactly how is blowing the curve in every subject supposed to help them blend in with everybody else? Also, shouldn't the science classes, at least, occasionally have something new to offer?
- Nightmare Fuel: It's really not that romantic. Especially considering how stalker-like Edward's behavior is.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Edward snapping the necks of everybody in the science class would have been great. He averaged himself at five per second.