YMMV: Midnight Cowboy
- Adaptation Displacement
- Award Snub: Both Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight were nominated for Best Actor, only to lose to John Wayne (True Grit). The film still won Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay, though. And Sylvia Miles was nominated Best Supporting Actress.
- Awesome Music: The instrumental title theme, composed by John Barry and featuring the melancholy harmonica of Toots Thielemans, is touching all by itself.
- And, of course, Nilsson's "Everybody's Talkin'".
- Ho Yay: Rizzo and Joe Buck.
- One-Scene Wonder: Sylvia Miles as Cass. She's only got five minutes or so of screen time, but made enough of an impression to snag an Oscar nomination.
- Also: Jennifer Salt (screenwriter Waldo's daughter) as Crazy Annie, John McGiver as O'Daniel, Brenda Vaccaro as Shirley, Barnard Hughes as Towny.
- Not to mention Bob Balaban as the young man who fellates Joe in the movie theater.
- Tear Jerker: Often and throughout. Ratzo and Joe's entire relationship is a prolonged and simultaneously heartwarming example.