We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
- Anvilicious: Genie's thinly veiled "Take That" against those who play violent video games was either seen as masterfully played to some people or a case of this trope to others.
- Awesome Music: A Series of Hiccups, the main battle theme.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the Deep Rift, the Nomad can meet someone dressed very similarly to him, and the man will comment, "We could be brothers." As if the developer realized the Fanon implications, no more than ten steps later a squid creature with a copy of the Nomads head on it emerges and says the exact same thing, thus destroying a page-load of theories before they even got off the ground.
- Demonic Spiders: Dragons go out of their way to chase you more-so than most aggressive enemies, and are some of the most dangerous enemies early in the game.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Overlaps with Fridge Horror and Squick. Genie's constant advances are funny in a creepy way until it turns out her species' idea of reproducing is shooting someone. In her mind, you not only had consensual sex with her when you killed yourself, you've been getting her laid with every boss you fought. Don't forget your Brain Bleach on the way out.
- Goddamn Bats: Thrones are low level, boring to fight, come in huge packs (sometimes swarming out of trees), and chase you no matter how out-leveled they are.
- Internet Backdraft: Myformerselves is an amazingly talented artist even when he isn't using collage, and is apparently renowned in the surrealist community under a different name. Most Uboachan (A site where stolen sprites are unfortunatley common) users were impressed, but a vocal minority saw how good the artwork was in Middens and immediately came to the conclusion that all of it just had to have been stolen from someone else, then complained about the clashing art-styles. When it became obvious that it was ninety to ninety five percent original (the rest being General Public License graphics) and that the clash was just part of collage art, they then said collage didn't count as an art form. Myformerselves stood his ground before he realized it was a pointless battle and left the site.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Cancer Spores, a pair of visceral creatures with skinless faces fused together by each other's muscle tissues.
- Combining this with Tear Jerker, whenever certain opponents use the plead command, expect unpleasant results. The dialogue consists of either the opponents desperately trying to convince you not to kill them, some unsettling last words, horrifying details of the opponents' wounds, or Genie encouraging you to finish them off.
- Ugly Cute: Hell Maw. Despite being a flesh-eating abomination, many people still want it as a pet.
- Unwinnable by Insanity: You can murder the Love Bus driver, but if the door is closed, you'll be trapped inside the bus with no way out unless you commit suicide (if you even can). The creator himself even warns you that this is a bad idea.
- Somewhat averted if you kill the guy that saves your game; you're just forced to power through the entire game.