- Fridge Brilliance: The shouts of "Hell no!" hidden in Gravitas's soundbanks in the "failed launch descent" slot might just be Getting Crap Past the Radar (as failed launches are impossible there), but honestly, it's a planet where everything's a lot heavier - meteos blocks are already heavy enough to crush a planet's core, so multiply that by ten billion. If that huge stack of supermassive matter that you thought you had licked started coming back down all at once, that's probably what you'd be shouting, too.
- Nightmare Fuel - Jeljel/Magmor is even creepier than Meteo. Let's not forget Globin either.
- The Scrappy - Starrii/Stellis according to popularity polls.
- Spiritual Licensee - It's Panel de Pon, except with blocks launching everywhere and vertical swapping of blocks rather than horizontal. It helps that Sakurai is a major Nintendo figure.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Gigagush bears a striking aura resemblance to Space Invaders, right down to the main background music being Suspiciously Similar Song of the "descent" riff...
- That One Level: Two of the third-tier stages in Star Trip's Multi path require you to launch every last Meteo off the screen. It's trivial if you have the Super Rocket, but nearly impossible if you are playing without items.
- Woolseyism - The European version. American names were sometimes direct translations from Japanese, but the European names make a bit more sense in English.