YMMV: Menace II Society
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some people believe that O-Dog has a Freudian Excuse for his misdeeds because frankly he feels compelled to be a criminal by the environment in which he's in. Others see him as a callous madman, a homicidal maniac unimpeachable where his only joy seems to be sadism or killing.
- Awesome Music: The opening flyby set to an instrumental of Ice Cube's Ghetto Bird, and the end credits song Streiht-Up Menace by MC Eiht. Hell yeah.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The violence of this film rises to intense levels.
- Moral Event Horizon: O-Dog crosses this at the very beginning when he murders the Asian Store-Owner and his wife. Worse, he then uses the security footage as entertainment for he and his friends.
- Rival gangsters cross the line when they carjack Caine and his cousin, resulting in Caine getting shot and his cousin getting murdered. Furthermore, it gets worse when one of them gets in the car and callously cleans blood off the windshield with his elbow.
- Nightmare Fuel: Several things that O-Dog and other gangsters do can qualify; to some extent they reach a disturbing point.
- One-Scene Wonder: Samuel L. Jackson plays Caine's dad in a flashback. He's quite a bit more Badass here than in Jurassic Park, which was released the same year.
- Tear Jerker: Caine's life and death.