YMMV: Medium Cool
- Anvilicious: The film's message.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: As mentioned, the message is about media exploitation of real life violence for entertainment. The medium is... a film that uses a police riot as a stage for actors to walk around in.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The film's central message (see: noun, reality television).
- The lyrics from the page quote were written three years before Kent State, although people got killed in '68 as well.
- Tear Jerker: The MLK retrospective that the protagonists watch on TV.