- Anvilicious: Someone involved in the writing process for Dead Meat was absolutely a vegan. There's a rather gratuitous scene of a man eating a bacon sandwich which squeals every time he takes a bite.
- In "The Devil Inside": The ghosts of the dead victims that couldn't be saved because Allison's stalker was interfering with her dreams (because he thought she was doing the Devil's work) going after the stalker's ghost. Allison's faith in her dreams is renewed; the implication being, if they don't come from the devil, whose else could the dreams be coming from?
- Bizarro Episode: The entire plot of the episode "The Man in the Mirror"!
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The end of "Wicked Game". And this subtly Badass line:
Cynthia Keener: You'd be amazed how much the human constitution can withstand.
- Ear Worm: In the beginning of the Season 2 episode "The Song Remains the Same", Allison hears "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor playing loudly in her head, repeating itself until it subtly guides her to the iPod of a missing college student who was listening to the song before her abduction.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The episode guest starring David Carradine where he played a spirit that looked like David Carradine (who apparently is also an actor in this universe). It obviously couldn't be Carradine's ghost since, as Allison states more than once, David Carradine was still alive. Three years after the episode aired, David Carradine died during an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident.
- Hey, It's That Guy! / Retroactive Recognition
- Narm: Quite a bit in the later years. Even in the series finale, where Allison dies abruptly of old age while eating pea soup.
- Nightmare Fuel: Allison gets most of her visions in nightmares...
- In "The Devil Inside", a man claiming to be doing God's work by screwing up Allison's visions, uses an extreme version of this (to be redundant) as a last resort to stop her from foiling his plans.
- In the episode Will The Real Fred Rovick Please Stand Up? the end moment when Mallory Kessinger changes from the ultra-hot Ellen Hollman to a man in a bikini. Possibly Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant material, for those who think it's that way.
- Only Sane Man: Joe - his wife has these crazy dreams, to which he generally makes reasonable suggestions, only to have them ignored.
- Seasonal Rot
- In later years it starts using "And it was all a dream" as a twist a good deal too many times. It also starts re-using other twists from previous episodes.
- Also averted from an episode-to-episode perspective. "Time Keeps on Slippin'" from the "sixth" season is a fan favorite and considered one of the best episodes of the series.
- Tear Jerker: The series finale.