YMMV: Maya the Bee
- Americans Hate Tingle: The 3D Remake has gotten a very lukewarm reception in Germany, not all of it because They Changed It, Now It Sucks; the scripts are legitimately horrible and rely completely on Cliché Storm, in no small way because the episodes are so short in order to be cheaper; anything that might be scary for children was removed completely and the music - save for the opening, which was a Remake of the original - is completely uninvolving.
- Ear Worm: "Who's a friendly little bee, playing oh so happily..."
- The original German theme song sang by Karel Gott which has also an English version of the song.
- When the show got rebooted to CGI in 2012, it was sang by Helen Fischer.
- Akcent a polish singing group, made a remix of Maya The Bee that is extremely catchy.
- On the topic of Poland, there's a polish music album that was released in 2013, where Maya herself would do a cover of various children's songs, some original music based around her friends and herself, and later remixes on said song. The entire album can be found here. It's all sang by her polish voice actress Ewa Złotowska and it's very catchy to lesson to as well as cute.
- There are two Maya The Bee themed children's area in two European theme parks. Such as Mayaland in Plopsaland which opened in 2011 in Belgium, and Majaland that opened in Holiday Park in 2012 in Germany. The music that plays when you are on Maya's Bloemenmolen in Plopsaland and Majas Blütensplash in Holiday Park are very upbeat and fits the feeling of the ride.
- This song by German singer Wolfgang Petry called "Auf Majas Blumenwiese" which would later get covered by Willi Herren another popular singer in Germany.
- The Italian version of the theme song is quiet catchy along with the credits theme.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Maya is apparently very popular in Portugal, Poland and Italy.
- And Latin America, too!
- And Spain became very popular. Actually it is one of the few series (together with Heidi, Girl of the Alps, Mazinger Z, Haha wo tazunete sanzenri -a. k. a. Marco- Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa) that everybody knows of, including non-anime geeks.
- Toy Ship: There is some implied Maya/Willy◊
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Starting as early as in the third chapter of the book, we see just how cruel the world of insects really is...
The dragon-fly regarded Jack Christopher contemplatively.“Yes, he is a dear little fellow,” it replied tenderly and—bit Jack’s head off.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: The film was live action and was produced in the 1920s. That said, the actors in the film were all live insects.