YMMV: Master and Commander
- Award Snub: Many feel this was robbed of the Best Picture Oscar by The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Awesome Music (also a Funny Moment):
Aubrey: Well, Stephen... The bird's flightless?Maturin: Yes.Aubrey: It's not going anywhere.And... cue Boccherini.
- Crazy Awesome: Both Aubrey and Blakeney.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "Doctor, don't you know you must choose the lesser of two weevils?" The Doctor's "yeah, I walked right into that one" face really sells it.
- Ho Yay: Between Aubrey and Maturin. They have a very close friendship, spend a significant amount of time playing musical instruments with each other, and a large amount of Aubrey's development throughout the movie has to do with how he treats Maturin. Besides, without women, this kind of behaviour was not uncommon among sailors in the Royal Navy.
- Magnificent Bastard: The Acheron's captain, a skilled commander, capable deceiver, and all-around Worthy Opponent for Jack. Oddly enough, he's The Faceless aside from the scene where he impersonates one of his own men - his name and personality are virtually unknown. But then, that's war for you.
- Nausea Fuel: The surgery scenes in this film. Only Stephen manages to keep anything close to a straight face while at work even on himself. The other characters who have to assist him in these procedures show evident signs of being uncomfortable and borderline nauseated at what they're seeing.
- Stoic Woobie: Cute Lord Blakeney really deals well with his fate. Still... he could use being wrapped up in a fluffy blanket and being hugged as he has never been hugged before.
- The Woobie: Hollom. Nothing just seemed to work out for him.