YMMV: Martin Mystery
- Adaptation Displacement
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: In an episode, Diana reads Martin's private diary and discovers the negative things he thinks about her, Java and Billy. She reveals this to the latter two and they punish Martin by the end of the episode! As if reading someone's private diary justified it...
- Ho Yay: In one episode Martin and Java share a sleazy out of the way motel room together, sleeping in the same bed, both only wearing their underwear.
- Nightmare Fuel: Occasionally.
- One example would be The Boogeyman, a swamp demon composed of maggots who abducted children it deemed naughty, dumping them in its home dimension and leaving them to die. Particularly creepy is the large amount of old, broken toys found by the team in said dimension.
- How about Clifford from the Christmas Episode? He was perfectly willing to kill Martin and Diana, plus two innocent motorists who accidentally got stuck in the snow globe world, by baking them into fruitcakes in order to preserve his "perfect Christmas". Also some of the creepy faces he pulls.