YMMV: Marissa Picard
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: In one of Ratliff's later stories, 'Winning Love By Daylight', while Jay Gordon and another character are talking about Marrissa in a restaurant, the following occurs:
"Anyway, Marrissa is going to have to face the fact that there are some things beyond her control," Martin said, as a monster appeared just outside the restaurant's door.
- What follows is the monster then being attacked by two of the 24th Century's version of the Sailor Scouts (this particular Sailor Mars is a half-Klingon girl). The two scouts (who, like the monster, just appear out of nowhere) vanquish the monster and then leave. Jay and Martin actually lampshade the absurd situation after the two Sailor Scouts leave, and of course the whole thing is never mentioned again. Indeed, even in the context of a Ratliff story, this scene was 'way over the top in terms of ridiculousness'.
- Black Hole Sue/Mary Sue: Who the hell do you think?
- Creator's Pet: Marrissa steals this title from Wesley for this trope... at least she's the Fanfic version of Wesley.
- Meanwhile, Wesley reaches new heights in nonsensically incredible achievements in marrying Chelsea Clinton.
- Idiot Plot: Mar[r]issa is supposed to be the smartest person in the Rattliff-verse. She can only be this if everybody else in the universe is mind-numblingly stupid — including characters who have repeatedly demonstrated their brilliance in the actual TNG series.
- Mary Tzu: Marissa has the highest Kobayashi Maru time evar. She routinely defeats the Federation's greatest enemies by pulling tactics out of her nether regions. She can make photon torpedoes reverse direction and hit the ship that launched them by using tractor beams, a tactic which no one else has ever picked up on for some reason.
- Misaimed Fandom: As You Know, the Kobayashi Maru exam was a Secret Test of Character to force cadets to learn how to deal with failure. How long they survive is thus completely, utterly meaningless. In these stories, Marrissa and other Kids' Crew members trade their survival times in the exam with each other like it's their Power Level.
- Possession Sue: The character of Marissa Flores in the TNG episode "Disaster" was just a bright little girl in a scary situation, who acted like a reasonable human being would (apart from one moment of smarmy chutzpah with Picard). Marissa Amber Flores Picard Gordon, on the other hand...
- Snark Bait: One of the classics.
- So Bad, It's Good: The main reason that all of Ratliff's Marrissaverse stories have been MSTed. Some of the regulars at rec.arts.tv.mst3k.misc would sign up to MST his next work before he even posted it.
- Squick: Exemplified by newly-engaged Marrissa, aged sixteen, bantering with Daddy Picard about being in a hurry to lose her virginity. After which she develops a predilection for skinny-dippingnote . Ratliff eventually dropped all pretense and wrote an unabashed pornfic in which young Marrissa meets her male counterpart from another dimension.