YMMV: Mario Bros.
- Demonic Spiders: The green fireballs, which spawned not from the pipes, but directly on your current floor.
- Ear Worm: The opening snippet of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", a classic Mozart song.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The commercial for "Atari" Mario Bros..
- Memetic Mutation: "Mario, where are you?!", from the aforementioned commercial.
- Sequel Displacement: Super Mario Bros. is a lot more famous. So much so, that most (though not all) later games kept the "Super" part of the name which resulted in displacing the original meaning.note
- That having been said, Nintendo still shows this game a lot of love, having remade it multiple times and even making it a stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.