- Crowning Music of Awesome: Considering that it's being produced by Tom Delonge (yes, that Tom Delonge) and the rest of the band, this should be a given. The trailers pretty much confirm it.
- Epileptic Trees: The ending will leave people wondering what happens, whether Lee is taken by aliens, if everything before him attempting suicide was his Dying Dream, if he's taken by the mysterious box, and even more regarding if the giant box near the space station was made by aliens or mankind.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: For a film made on a five-hundred thousand dollar budget, the effects are pretty damn good looking. For reference, the Civil War scenes? Shot in the director's backyard. Provided it is a pretty large backyard. But what about the space station? Also made by the director.
- The Woobie: Oh Lee...
Love, the band
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The vast majority of Forever Changes (and particularly the first track, Alone Again Or) has had a tremendous impact on future songwriters.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Most fans and critics agree that Forever Changes was the last worthwhile Love album, though Allmusic has given favorable reviews to the post-1967 albums.
- Squick: "The snot has caked against my pants" from "Live and Let Live"
- Vindicated by History: They didn't sell very well at the time, but their albums have since been held in high regard by critics and fans.