YMMV: Lizzie McGuire
- Bizarro Episode: "Those Freaky McGuires".
- Contractual Purity: Not necessarily a straight example, but here's what's become of Lalaine (who played Miranda). Yes, ''methamphetamine'' charges.
- Epileptic Trees: There is a theory that is circulating around the Internet that Lizzie is a schizophrenic. It also partially explains why the show starts in middle school, and why Lizzie's friend Miranda disappeared from the show (even though the show states that she went to Mexico with her family). The theory can be read here.
- Foe Yay: Some would argue, Kate and Lizzie.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Gordo tells Lizzie that Larry is "Marilyn Manson to your Britney Spears". "Britney Spears" was supposed to mean "wholesome" back then. Yeah...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Ethan mentioned in one episode he'll take up Water polo. Years later in real life, Clayton Snyder (his actor) ends up being part of the US Water polo team.
- Narm: Lizzie's nightmare where she frets about the guys thinking she's not feminine enough. Has to be one of the laziest nightmare scenes ever made. Especially Kate's laughing.
- Periphery Demographic: Not all of Lizzie's (or Hilary's) fans were/are girls.