- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Did Sugar Plumps actually discover her own paradise at the end of the game, or did she just switch one delusion to another? The gate operator implies that there is a room that simulates tropical environments somewhere in the Tomorrow Corporation.
- Miss Nancy is even more divisive figure; is she a Corrupt Corporate Executive responsible for the world's current plight, a deluded woman who turns away from responsibility for her actions, or a kindhearted individual who tries to give people some kind of respite from the terrors of the world she has no power over, however temporary it may be?
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The Bitter Sweet Ending. Sure, the character's house may have burned...but he's out of the cold, lonely city, going towards possible freedom. It's open to interpretation, but hopeful nonetheless.
- Ear Worm: It's Little Inferno, It's Little Inferno just for me...
- The shopping music will also be in your head for a long time, and the fact that you have to constantly come back to it doesn't help.
- Fridge Brilliance: Because of the heavy graphics generated by burning multiple items at once, your iPhone will noticibly heat up in your hands.
- The snow is actually ash...
- Fridge Logic: Why is there no save feature for this game? Because YOU CAN'T EVER GO BACK if you mess up.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many people consider the soundtrack the game's finest feature. It's available for free from the developer's website. Beware of spoilers in song titles!
- Nightmare Fuel: The Eager Bunny Plushie, especially those horrific noises it makes as it burns.
- The Celebration Bus, and a few other items, scream in pain when you set light to them.
- The promotional video from Miss Nancy, with it's Creepy Children, Ironic Nursery Tune jingle, Brave New World-style feeling of wilful dystopia, and the fact that everyone burns to death at the end.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Most of Sugar Plumps's letters. The rest are Nightmare Fuel and Paranoia Fuel.
- Tear Jerker: Sugar Plumps's house burning down, letter and all. It's just so sudden, and in such an otherwise safe environment, it manages to be really shocking
- The ending. The whole thing...the main character's house burning, Miss Nancy leaving, and then The Weather Man taking him away from the city, into the unknown.
- Ugly Cute: A lot of the plushies would apply to this trope. which makes it kinda saddening as well as a little disturbing to see them get burnt to ash.
- Sugar Plumps and the player character tend to fall under this, too, being somewhat thin, black-and-white, Tim Burton-esque creatures with big eyes as sweet-looking and innocent as they are off-putting.