Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
- Gretzky Has the Ball: Under pretty much every Pee-Wee football rule, Spike should've been thrown out for his hit on Junior. Instead, he only gets a 15-yard penalty...and his dad gets a dressing down from Kevin for telling his son to take out Junior.
- Aversion: At the time the movie was written, the "Annexation of Puerto Rico" (aka the fumblerooski) was legal in Pee-Wee Football. It has subsequently been banned.
- Never Live It Down: What likely happens to Kevin O'Shea when his Cowboys lose to the Giants.
- ...especially since they both wagered their businesses (Danny's gas station vs. Kevin's car dealership) against each other. Kevin mocks Danny for it at halftime and his team holding a 21 point lead, saying "There's always going to be a place for you at the full service pumps". After the Giants came back, Kevin asks Danny if he's going to hold him to the bet. After a reassuring smile, Danny says, "There's always going to be a place for you at Danny O'Shea Chevrolet!"
- Although Danny lets Kevin out of the bet in return for having the towns water tower changed to honor both of them.
- Retroactive Recognition: Devon Sawa's first film.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: When Johnny gets the ball, and he sees his father approaching the field.
- Memetic Mutation: "Spike don't play with girls."
- This could also be considered Hilarious in Hindsight, considering, in more recent years, Shawna Waldron (Becky) has had some seriously steamy movie roles... how could Spike not want to play with that girl?
- Moral Event Horizon: Spike's father crossed it the moment he ordered his son to injure another player out of the game.