YMMV: Little Giants
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Coach Kevin didn't cut Becky because she was a girl. He cut her because he didn't want her to get hurt.
- Designated Villain: Coach Kevin is the villain of the movie because he didn't allow for a couple lesser-skilled children to make the cut for his pee wee football team. While villian is indeed an overstatement, he proudly cut one of the most talented players from the tryout just because of her biological sex- so he's not without his uglier straw prejudices either. Despite this Kick the Dog, the film emphasizes that he's not a cheater and that he does genuinely care about his brother and niece.
- Fridge Logic: The score is tied 21-21. Kevin's Cowboys push the ball to the Giant's 1-yard-line. It's 4th down, and there's just 10 seconds remaining in the game. Any football coach in this position would opt to just kick a field goal, and yet, Kevin opts to attempt to run it in.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: When Johnny gets the ball, and he sees his father approaching the field.
- Memetic Mutation: "Spike don't play with girls."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Spike don't play with girls" considering Shawna Waldron (Becky) later stared in seriously steamy movie roles... how could Spike not want to play with that girl?
- Moral Event Horizon: Spike's father, Mike Hammersmith, crossed it the moment he ordered his son to injure another player out of the game.
- Signature Scene: "The Annexation of Puerto Rico" is basically the movie's version of the fumblerooski.