YMMV: Life with Archie: The Married Life
- Anvilicious: Archie dies Taking the Bullet during a gun-control rally.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Veronica's plane disappearance is now even creepier in light of this. Although her story ended up with a happier if crazy ending...
- Holy Shit Quotient: The reveal of issue #36 and killing off Archie in both timelines.
- Internet Backdraft / Fan Dumb: Since the announcement that Archie would die in issue #36, the Archie Comics Facebook page has been flooded with outraged comments from readers under the assumption this change affects the regular series as well, fuming about the destruction of innocence, and then spewing rage on anyone bringing up minor things like “character development” or “cathartic stories” or “innovation.”
- Misaimed Marketing: For the first issues, these maturely written comics had to share a magazine with articles about such tween-targeted pop culture as Twilight and Glee.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: When one comic featured not one, but two versions of Kevin Keller's wedding, parent groups demanded Toys 'R Us pull it from their shelves. They refused, and the issue went on to sell out in several retailers.
- Tear Jerker: Miss Grundy's funeral.
- The announcement of the contents of issue 36. Archie dies, and the following and final issue is the cast reacting to it.
- The Woobie: Nearly every member of the cast struggles through difficulties, but Archie still takes the cake.