YMMV: Liberty Meadows
- Creator's Pet: According to some fans, Frank: At first just the foil for the antics of the Funny Animal cast, towards the end of the strip's newspaper run, he became more and more the focus of events, particularly lead female Brandy's wedding. As the strip made it more obvious that Frank and Brandy were meant to be together, there were fewer and fewer answers to the question "Why, exactly?" Especially given that A) Brandy's fiancee was everything Frank wasn't (rich, good-looking, smooth, and actually able to tell Brandy how he felt) and B) Brandy had already told him he'd blown his shot with her by being wishy-washy. In the end, Frank's main advantage was that he wasn't a huge dick, and Roger was well-established as rather rude, condescending, and mean when Brandy wasn't around. Still, not being with Roger doesn't mean there's any reason for her to be with Frank.
- Designated Hero: A mild version. Our sympathies are clearly supposed to be with Frank getting together with Brandy, but well... someone being a short, nebbish, Star Wars collecting, social-skill lacking dork isn't enough by itself to make you root for them.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Issue 23 depicts Steve Irwin being bitten by a poisonous snake and dying. Ouch.
- Magnificent Bastard: The Evil Squirrels mostly count as this.
- Strangled by the Red String: Frank and Brandy.