YMMV Tropes from the game "Level Up":
- Fridge Brilliance: The nightmare can also level up.
- Nightmare Fuel: The nightmare battle itself; A creepy silhouette with demonic eyes that is constantly trying to kill you is bad enough, but the background is also fairly disturbing, with words like "anathema" and "demon" floating around constantly. And that's not even counting the music...
- That One Boss: The nightmare. It's the only boss, but still...
YMMV Tropes from the TV Series "Level Up":
- Alternate Character Interpretation: At first glance, Maldark seems like a typical Big Bad, but one could also make the case that he's simply applying the programming that Max wrote for him to the real world.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Compare the reception this show got compared to the other live actions on Cartoon Network (aside from Tower Prep) and you'll get the gist that some liked it compared to those shows.