- Adaptation Displacement: There was a book?
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: "BE HEARD! BE STRONG! BE PROUD!"
- Stella taking the microphone during that song and letting her feelings be known. Hayley Kiyoko killed that rap!
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Lemonade Mouth looking up at clouds, Wen hugging Sidney when she comes to get him from jail, and the crowd singing Determinate at Rising Star when the sick band members are unable to do so. (Which doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.)
Reach for my hand cause it's held out for you
- "More Than A Band"...just the whole damn song. Seriously, check the lyrics for yourself:
My shoulders are strong, but you can cry on them too
Everything changes, but one thing is true, understand
We'll always be more than a band.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many, but especially Breakthrough for being the only song in which Hayley Kiyoko gets a vocal solo. (In the sense of singing; she did a rap in "Here We Go".)
- Ear Worm: Determinate.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Charlie/Mo, in many fans' opinions, should have gotten together in the film, as they did in the book.
- Though Charlie/Stella is also popular as Stella/Ray
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Stella accidentally recruits both Mo and Scott for the band (well, puts them in positions where they'll become involved) when she's listening to the Principal's Motive Rant, and delivers a Shut Up, Hannibal! with her eyes alone which points out that the principal should be paying more attention to the school's security camera feed.
- The fact that Olivia, the least determined member of the band, wrote Determinate.
- Signature Song: Everyone in the film knows the song "Determinate".
- The Woobie: Everyone in the band has these tendencies - however, Stella leans toward Iron Woobie status.
- X Meets Y: The Breakfast Club meets High School Musical.