- Ear Worm: Some of the music played by the toys are very catchy. As are the music in the DVD series. It got so awesome that there were two soundtrack music CD releases.
We love the sounds that letters make / we make them every day...
- Name's the Same: Egregiously, both Leap Frog and Jump Start has a firefly named Edison and a cat named Casey in their character roster.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: The Scout and Violet toys certainly qualifies. Heck, any of their toys whose target audience are toddlers qualifies.
- Tear Jerker: In A Tad OF Christmas Cheer, when Tad does a duet with Mrs. Frog that something is missing. Made especially cruel since Tad is singing it out in the cold, while it's snowing.
- Periphery Demographic:
- Perhaps infamously, the Fly Fusion Pentop Computer. Businessmen and Geeks alike love them so much that it spun off a professional pentop computer product for the adult market segment.
- Many of the plush toys manufactured by the company also attracted college students due to their cuteness factor, this was Lampshaded in a Leapfrog commercial in the late 90s/early 2000s. Even today, the Scout and Violet toys don't just attract kids.
- Viewer Species Confusion: Penny of the Scout and Friends video is a hamster, but some think she's a guinea pig. Guinea pigs, though, don't have tails.
- The Woobie: Tad, especially in A Tad Of Christmas Cheer