- Broken Base: Her face run divides a lot of fans. A lot of Diva fans preferred her hammy mean girl antics while it seems more casual fans found them corny and thus felt Layla suited face better. People seem to agree that she's at least a better wrestler as a face.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Layla was a big favourite among Diva fans long before she got her push in Lay Cool. She was particularly loved for her mean girl persona on ECW.
- Les Yay:
- With Michelle McCool. Layla was unfailingly loyal and affectionate to Michelle, and they were compared to a couple breaking up, even attending couple's counciling together. They even have a Portmanteau Couple Name of sorts — LayCool.
- With Summer Rae in the same vein as the above example with Michelle, starting after they both dumped Fandango and danced with each other instead of their ex-boyfriend. They, too, have a Portmanteau Couple Name, SLayers.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: While not exactly a Scrappy to Diva fans (see above) Layla won over a good number of casual fans during her time in Lay Cool. When she returned from her ACL injury, she won over even more with how she had improved in the ring.