YMMV: Layer Cake
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- When the protagonist is shown Gene's collection of guns, he plays around with it (as stated in the screenplay) "As if he's James Bond". Well...
- Sidney shoots at the protagonist... and provides a gun to Bond in Skyfall.
- The first time we see Clarkie, he's wearing a surgical mask. It looks almost familiar now.
- Magnificent Bastard: Mr. XXXX.
- Arguably not until he Took a Level in Badass - despite appearing to think he's a Magnificent Bastard, almost all of XXXX's schemes in the first part of the movie backfire on him because he's double-crossed by Jimmy Price and then being used as an Unwitting Pawn by the real magnificent bastard of the film, Eddie Temple.
- Retroactive Recognition: One of the junkies is John Constantine.
- Wangst: Mr. X himself often likes to make a lot of complaints when things don't go his way.