- Crowning Moment of Funny: Lenny & Squiggy on "The Dating Game".
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "Laverne and Shirley Move In", Shirley is expected to move to California to be with her mother. At Shirley's going away party, the devastated Lenny and Squiggy say goodbye to her. They then say goodbye to Laverne, leading to an exchange that had new meaning after the last, Shirley-less season.
Laverne: I ain't goin' nowheres.
Squiggy: Yeah, I know. But without her, what good are you?
- Hollywood Homely: Averted with Laverne; Penny Marshall didn't have conventional Hollywood looks but was usually portrayed as a very attractive woman. It helped that her brother was in charge of the show.
- Les Yay: Laverne and Shirley kissed in "Airport '59."
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Seasonal Rot:
- The last season. It's Laverne and Shirley... without Shirley. What Were They Thinking?: The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History placed this at #88.
- Many fans (and cast members) feel the rot started even earlier than that, with the ill-advised move to California in season six. Most can agree the quality of the series tanked hard in these final few seasons.