YMMV: Laverne and Shirley
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Lenny & Squiggy on "The Dating Game".
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "Laverne and Shirley Move In", Shirley is expected to move to California to be with her mother. At Shirley's going away party, the devastated Lenny and Squiggy say goodbye to her. They then say goodbye to Laverne, leading to an exchange that had new meaning after the last, Shirley-less season.
Laverne: I ain't goin' nowheres.
Squiggy: Yeah, I know. But without her, what good are you?
- Hollywood Homely: Averted with Laverne; Penny Marshall didn't have conventional Hollywood looks but was usually portrayed as a very attractive woman. It helped that her brother was in charge of the show.
- Les Yay: Laverne and Shirley kissed in "Airport '59."
- Retroactive Recognition: Archie Hahn, from the British, Whose Line Is It Anyway? appeared in one episode as one of two men who spy on Laverne and Shirley.
- Seasonal Rot: The last season. It's Laverne and Shirley... without Shirley.