Tropers Online: 2,469
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Laverne and Shirley
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Lenny & Squiggy on "The Dating Game".
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "Laverne and Shirley Move In", Shirley is expected to move to California to be with her mother. At Shirley's going away party, the devastated Lenny and Squiggy say goodbye to her. They then say goodbye to Laverne, leading to an exchange that had new meaning after the last, Shirley-less season.
Laverne: I ain't goin' nowheres.
Squiggy: Yeah, I know. But without her, what good are you?
- Hollywood Homely: Averted with Laverne; Penny Marshall didn't have conventional Hollywood looks but was usually portrayed as a very attractive woman. It helped that her brother was in charge of the show.
- Les Yay: Laverne and Shirley kissed in "Airport '59."
- Seasonal Rot: The last season. It's Laverne and Shirley... without Shirley.