YMMV: Land of the Lost
Regarding the film:
- Awesome Music: Michael Giacchino comes up trumps again. Bonus points for calling his end title track "End Credits Can Suck It!"
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Leonard Nimoy plays the voice of Zarn! ...For all of thirty seconds anyway.
- Special Effects Failure: Despite being better than the series, the movie's effects sometimes suffers this, especially with The more obvious CG Dinosaurs.
- Rooting for the Empire: Marshall is such a jerkass, you seriously want Grumy to just eat him already...
- He does! But Marshall survives.
- So Bad, It's Good
- The Sleestak sex scene.
- The giant mosquito scene.
- The drug scene and its aftermath.
- Rick and Holly becoming a couple, considering she was his daughter in the show. Particularly squicky when he gives her a compliment at one point that makes no sense except as something a father would say to a daughter.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: About the only way you can explain the movie to someone without looking like a fool.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Which was yet another way it sharply contrasted the original series.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: The movie. Despite being based on a Saturday kiddie show, it's really and truly not for children.