YMMV: L'Abbaye des Morts
- Breather Screen: "A Prayer of Hope". Not a useful prayer, unfortunately.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: While the short chiptunes are already a delight for retro enthusiasts, musician Gryzor87 later remade them as a single, 8-minute symphonic piece titled ''La Suite des Morts''. It's great as it sounds.
- Fridge Brilliance: Jean has jumps and quick reflexes has its only means to survive, as he doesn't attack enemies in any way – Catharism preached non-violence.
- Goddamned Bats/Demonic Spiders: Bats and spiders are present here but are among the easiest enemies to avoid. The role may rather go to some later enemies, although it's mostly their placement in tight places the real danger.
- Nightmare Fuel: The screen "Plagued Ruins" has insects with skull-like or distorted human faces. Also "Hangman Tree", where the music suddenly stops playing as you face the hanging bodies of four monks. It, however, may turn into...