- Crowning Music of Awesome: The soundtrack, composed by Go Shiina of Tales of Legendia fame, is full of gorgeous tracks.
- Memetic Mutation: Inari, DAD OF THE YEAR. Explanation
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Your family is your world and if you forget that there are these people who care about you, your world will fall apart.
- So, Lady Koto, going mouth-to-mouth on her adopted son? Well, yeah, she's resuscitating him, but even characters in-universe tease him about the Oedipal implications...
- The first ONA has Lady Koto kissing Koto which seems to be okay. But watching the ONA and then the TV series (which alternates between implying Koto is Lady Koto's reincarnation and that she's her daughter), it can be find it a bit disturbing.
- Then, episode 9 shows Inari about to kiss Koto, his own daughter, on the lips. How disturbing one may find the mere fact he did this may depend on the person (since it does happen among some families in real life), but the way Inari does it is decidedly not innocent.