- Crowning Music of Awesome: Both the 1st OP: "Sympathizer" by Minami Kuribayashi & the 2nd OP: "tRANCE" by GRANRODEO, as well as the hard rock music that activates during battle scenes.
- Designated Hero: In the manga, where Keita's a Jerkass
- Magnificent Bastard: Reishin is this for the first 12 episodes of the anime and then Daichi fills that role from episodes 13-16.
- Tear Jerker: The entire Twilight of The Silver Lion arc where Kuro's past is revealed. What follows next is a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
Excel: (tearing up) "Steiner? Steiner?! No! Where did you go?? DON'T LEAVE ME!!"
- In episode 12: Excel's reaction to Steiner's death. It's something to watch her emotional outburst, then see her crumble into tears when Steiner's copy flickers out of existence after carrying her to safety.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The inverse. The anime changes the story from the manga significantly. Most people liked the changes since it made Keita more likeable and Kuro more successful in battle; though a few others not so much.