* BrokenBase: Is neo-thrash Kreator worthy, or are they trying too hard to return to their roots?
* FaceOfTheBand: Mille Petrozza.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: Most of the older fans will tell you that ''Pleasure to Kill'' is the epitome of Teutonic thrash, as well as one of the most important albums in the development of death metal (along with ''Reign in Blood'', ''Seven Churches'', and ''To Mega Therion''). Younger fans, on the other hand, will still see it as a classic, but they probably won't get just how important it was.
* SignatureSong: "Ripping Corpse" or "Flag of Hate."
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Kreator got this when they switched to Industrial/Gothic. When they finally returned to their thrash roots, some panned it for being too melodic.
** ''Phantom Antichrist'' seems to be averting this.