YMMV: Knocked Up
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The doorman scene. Depending on the viewer, Debbie's rant either generates sympathy for her as she ages, or makes her look like a massive Entitled Bitch who can't deal with the fact that she is less able to get special treatment in her daily life. People are made to wait in line all the time (like Ben and his friends, as shown in the beginning of the movie) without throwing a complete tantrum about it.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: When Ben is exercising he says "I'm breathing like James Gandolfini here!" that became a lot less funny when James died of a heart attack in 2013.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the film, Jason makes a joke about Jay wanting to "rear Ben's child". When the DVD came out with some deleted scenes, Jason reveals to Ben that he more or less wants to do the exact same thing! Of course he assumes the baby will be a girl, will look like her mother and he plans on waiting until she's 18.
- Debbie mistakes one of Alison's pregnancy tests as her own and freaks out when it reads positive. In This is 40, Debbie really is pregnant!
- Hollywood Homely: For all his schlubbiness, Ben is actually quite attractive.
- Nightmare Fuel: Alison's niece describes what she thinks happens when a woman has a baby. It sounds even more horrifying than the real thing.
- One-Scene Wonder: Craig Robinson as the nightclub bouncer that Debbie curses out for not letting her and Allison in.
- Squick: The baby crowning scene.