Tropers Online: 2,238
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Klaus Nomi
- Everyone Remembers the Opera-Singing German Mime From Space: Most people cite Klaus Nomi as the most memorable act in Urgh! A Music War, and this is coming from a movie that includes Gary Numan in cars on stage and The Cramps' Lux Interior in a pair of pants that just shouldn't stay on naturally.
- Magnum Opus: Klaus Nomi, though Simple Man also has its fans.
- Nightmare Fuel: Much of his work, but the video for "Lightning Strikes" is particularly eerie.
- Signature Song: "Total Eclipse", "Nomi Song", or "Samson and Delilah (Aria)", all from Klaus Nomi.
- Tear Jerker: The rendition of "The Cold Song" with a full orschestra, performed just before his early death from AIDS, makes the line "let me freeze again to death" much more haunting.