YMMV: King's Quest I: Quest For The Crown
- Awesome Music: Ken Allen's soundtrack for the remake really adds to the mood of the game.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: King's Quest is very important for the history of gaming; however, it's too dated and frustrating for some to enjoy it at face value today. The Fan Remake makes it much more accessible.
- Scrappy Mechanic: In a very early version of the AGI version, there was no window messages. The text displayed below the text parser. Longer text was very difficult to read as it scrolled too fast and there was no way to scroll the text back up. The only way to read it all was to hit the BREAK button to pause the game.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The general reaction to the 1990 remake among gamers and the tech press.
- Unwinnable by Insanity: In a very early version of the AGI release, there was a 'drop <item_name>' command which would dump your item on the ground. Any item dropped could never be recovered. If you drop any of three great treasures, you can never complete the game.
- Vindicated by History: The official remake is much better regarded these days, and served as the basis for the well-received fan remake. Video game remakes are par for the course now, but in 1990, the idea seemed sacrilegious and was compared to the controversial process of "colorizing" old films.
- Why We Can't Have Nice Things: If not for the massive backlash above, we would have gotten official remakes of 2, 3 and 4.