- Awesome Music: "You Better Run". The opening theme isn't too bad either.
- Cult Classic
- Depending on the Writer/Generic Doomsday Villain: The goals of Master Blaster fluctuated. At times, he wanted to take over the Flip Side, but other times, he just wanted to control its music. Sometimes, he tried to amass wealth. Then there were times where MB actively tried to recapture Kidd Video.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Kidd Video is massively popular in Saban's home country of Isreal.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This wouldn't be the last time the name "Master Blaster" would be used for a villain.
- Ho Yay: Sometimes Ash and Wiz. But then this was The '80s.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: Imagine Yellow Submarine (speaking of) on more acid. Set in the 80's. And occasionally the bad guys try to steal the powers of Lionel Richie or there is a mirror that shows Duran Duran videos or the Pointer Sisters appear inside a magic crystal or something.
- To make a long story short... this cartoon is pretty much Yellow Submarine meets MTV.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Even the people who worked on it even commented on it.
Robbie Rist: I don’t know what they put in the water cooler in the animation department, but it became this crazy thing that... it was like Lidsville. It was this acid-influenced, crazy animation. It became something like Alice in Wonderland, and I was in my twenties and watching these second-season episodes, going, “Is this for kids?” It was just a little bit too weird.